today, the clouds are crying and the thunder is shouting
from the rooftops, belting down, aggravating the ground below
and the heavens bottled up tears are falling to the pavement
in the hope, peace would arrive like the wings of a dove
the grey clouds are dominating the sky with their negativity
and a dominant and angry man is in a mood up there
somewhere in the heavens, he is letting go of his tantrum
people want the storm to pass and lessen, but it just continues
He hammers mercilessly
But with despair
His anger uncovers the earth
And leaves it bare
For the wings of the dove
To quietly repair
Angels with dirty faces watch with tainted black tears from bleeding mascara as their master rips apart the earth's tortured soul, the rain sparkles as the lightning dances across the earth, they plead their master to have mercy only to cast to the decaying earth like the nephilim before them
And them, the ones who once stood in the raindrops of our own cloudy shadows where the bright light of existence beckons its call from the Sun. Tomorrow comes just like yesterday did as the four seasons shower their beautiful displays off to the skies above. leaving us in such astonishment of everything it throws at us.
Shallow drapes of soft-lit cirrus
billowed and barred like wind in silk hems
are vertically swaying.
Glimpses of cracks in blackness
grow into Gods dancing at whim with satin
streamers darkly waving.
Each little raincloud having a tantrum
And every raindrop crying it's little heart out
Oh how melodramatic could you get?
Mother nature I dare you
Do your very best.
Every strike is a spark in my eyes
You can't contain anything
Not much of a surprise
- Authors: Yellow rose (Pseudonym), Lorna, Burning Crow, kingkev101, Fay Slimm., Jo Middleton
- Visible: All lines
- Finished: March 13th, 2018 09:00
- Limit: 10 stanzas
- Invited: Friends (users on his/her list of friends can participate)
- Comment from author about the poem: 8 lines per stanza. i usually write in freestyle so there is no set rhyming scheme or set rhythm . just a freestyle poem , no set rhyming required . the grey clouds , the heavy rain and the thunderstorm .. lets write about a storm , it could be about a specific storm in the sky or what a storm means to you , what it makes you think of , please, lets try and make it flow along as best we can, i know we all have different styles,.
- Category: Unclassified
- Views: 603
- User favorite of this poem: marlenawood.